Reaching out for support and sharing your story can be a vulnerable process. When we take steps to take care of ourselves, our children, family and community can benefit from our healing. My belief is that women are the experts in their own lives, and that moving through challenges works best when we feel safe, non-judged, and deeply listened to. When we take the big step of reaching out for support, we want to meet with someone who “gets it” and will approach us as a whole person, not just a set of symptoms.
MOBILE COUNSELLING IN GREATER BRISBANE, QLD
I know how hard it is to get to appointments with a small baby. This is one stress you don’t need when life is already challenging. If you need warm and professional support and find it difficult to leave the house, I can come to you. You don’t need to clean the house. You don’t need to get dressed out of your pyjamas! You don’t need a baby sitter (unless you are able to and want to). I work with pregnant women and new mothers in Brisbane, Queensland and offer home-based, mobile counselling sessions to support mothers in their busy lives alongside their babies.
What this looks like in practice is a warm, caring, professional relationship where you will be supported to find new ways to relate to your experience and challenging thoughts and feelings.
My approach to counselling is to work alongside you, and often includes “best practice” methods such as:
- Mindfulness approaches, including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT);
- Creative, multi-sensory processes to facilitate new ways of approaching a problem (including drawing and learning visualisations);
- Solution-focused approaches;
- Narrative therapeutic approaches; and
- Feminist and anti-oppressive approaches.
PREGNANCY OR POSTNATAL COUNSELLING
Counselling sessions are aimed at supporting you ‘wherever you’re at’ with your current pregnancy or mothering.
You might be:
- Anxious, depressed, worried or fearful;
- Trying to make sense of a challenging, difficult or traumatic birth experience;
- Stressed, overwhelmed, tired, like you’re not coping with day to day living;
- Finding it hard to adjust to mothering, or have little family support in Brisbane;
- Struggling in your relationship with your partner/husband;
- Finding it difficult to connect and bond with your baby;
- Experiencing fertility issues or IVF;
- Thinking about all your options regarding your pregnancy, including continuing the pregnancy, termination or adoption.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A COUNSELLING SESSION
- Non-judgmental, warm, caring approach;
- Working with you as whole person;
- Respect for your confidentiality and privacy;
- Support to access resources in the community; and
- Support to build your own coping skills and solutions.
Counselling sessions are $150 for 1.5 hours and are offered in your home.
Greater Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Skype sessions are also available.
If you have affordability concerns please contact me to discuss a negotiated fee.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
You don’t need a referral from a GP or an organisation, you can contact me directly. We can discuss what you’re going through and how we could work together. Please contact me below to make an appointment. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.